For Your Diary: Fijileaks will not be updated between 19-21 September!
"As for the qualifications of the PA, she [Afreena Hussein] is 1 unit shy of attaining a Masters in HR from USP and by this time next year, she will have it as she is currently doing the last unit." - Mohammed Saneem
The Supervisor of Elections to Fijileaks: THE JOB WAS ADVERTISED:
FIJIAN ELECTIONS OFFICE
JOB DESCRIPTION: PERSONAL ASSISTANT (A14)
CORPORATE INFORMATION 1.
Position Level: Officer (Ongoing, HQ Core Staff)
2. Salary Range: FJ$25,000 to FJ$40,000 per annum, full package
3. Duty Station: Suva, limited travel to provinces and districts required.
4. Reporting Responsibilities;
a) Reports To: Supervisor of Elections
b) Liaises with: FEO staff, Ministry / Government representatives, Election Commissioners, Stakeholders
c) Subordinates: Nil.
The position supports the Supervisor of Elections in the day to day management of all aspects of office.
The position will achieve its purpose through the following key duties. Working with relevant staff, in accordance with legislative requirements and to meet the operational needs of the FEO:
1. Manage and organise the administrative support to the SOE, including appointments, travel arrangements, diary management, email and other correspondence, communication with key stakeholders, filing of sensitive materials;
2. Coordinate the quality control, compilation and sending of correspondence on behalf of the SOE and other areas of the FEO;
3. Coordinate the submission of key reports and documents required for Electoral Commission meetings;
4. Organise and take minutes of meetings as required;
5. Provide input to key sections of the corporate and operational plans;
6. Liaise with staff throughout the FEO to ensure effective communication across the office.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
Performance will be measured through the following indicators:
1. All sensitive records managed and filed in accordance with legislative requirements;
2. SOE appointments, correspondence and administration managed effectively, courteously and efficiently;
3. Meetings and travel organised effectively and to meet the needs of operational plans.
The Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities required to successfully undertake this role are:
Knowledge and Experience
1. At least 5 years (post qualification, senior level) experience supporting the administration activities of senior staff;
2. Sound knowledge of filing systems, information management, and diary management in support of senior officers;
3. Understanding of the Fijian Constitution (2013) and applicable electoral laws of Fiji;
4. Knowledge of Fijian culture and customs.
Form 6 Graduate or equivalent, with excellent results in English. Post school training on administration, management or secretarial services would be highly regarded.
Skills and Abilities
1. Demonstrated ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds in order to ascertain information and reporting needs;
2. Demonstrated organisational skills to assist senior staff to meet tight and immovable deadlines;
3. Demonstrated ability to analyse and solve complex problems, in a resource constrained environment;
4. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and neutrality, in a sensitive environment;
5. Excellent typing skills and the capacity to utilise computer programs to support the operations of complex organisation;
6. Service oriented approach, with a commitment to supporting the operational / corporate goals of the organisation.
Personal Character and Political Neutrality
All applicants for employment in the Fijian Elections Office (FEO) must be in sound health, with a clear police record and be politically neutral. Applicants shortlisted will be required to provide a medical certificate and police clearance at their interview.
The Fijian Elections Office (FEO) operates in a politically sensitive environment. Any person who is, and is seen to be, active in political affairs, and intends to publicly carry on this activity, may compromise the strict political neutrality of the FEO and cannot be considered for employment. All applicants for employment must provide a statement that they are not and do not plan to be, politically active in Fiji.
Have experience in:
managing Human Resource dept including recruitment and selection, keeping record of staff leaves and other HR admin work.
writing of HR policy,
Managing of Events,
knowledge of accounting including preparation of simple budget, profit and loss account.
knowledge of using Ms Office programs.
Pratical knowledge on using MYOB,
Practical knowledge on use of Ms Navision.
Also experience in the operation of elections.
Fijian Elections Office
May 2014 – Present (1 year 5 months)
HR Officer & PA to Deputy Director
GMR Muhammed & Sons Ltd
November 2013 – May 2014 (7 months)
Fiji National University
June 2012 – November 2013 (1 year 6 months)
Volunteer Experience & Causes
Opportunities Afreena is looking for:
- Joining a nonprofit board
- Arts and Culture
- Economic Empowerment
- Human Rights