Prime Minister Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama has today revealed that his salary is less than what the Permanent Secretaries earn.
While speaking to the people of Kalabu, Commodore Bainimarama said that the Social Democratic Liberal Party has been circulating rumours that his salary was $1.2 million. He said this is not true and SODELPA may have been just calculating his salary based on the six portfolios that he is holding. It was earlier revealed that the highest salary for the Permanent Secretaries is $220,000.
Bainimarama was responding to Fiji Labour Party Leader, Mahendra Chaudhry who called on Bainimarama to reveal his salary to the people rather than attacking other politicians contesting this year's general elections. Source: Fijivillage News, 13/3/2014
Fijileaks Editor: Last September we revealed the "Fat Cats" salaries and other perks:
(1) Commander RFMF - $221,894
(2) Commissioner of Police - $221,894
(3) Commissioner of Prisons - $221,894
(4) Permanent Secretary, PM’s Office - $221,894
(5) Permanent Secretary, Finance - $221,894
(6) Permanent Secretary, Works - $221,894
(7) Permanent Secretary, Health - $221,894
(8) Permanent Secretary, Education - $221,894
Click HERE to read more on the story