MASTER AND COOLIE CONTRACT: LORDING OVER ATS Staff who went off to attend meeting affecting their livelihood. Just look at the LETTER drafted by Riyaz Sayed Khaiyum, basically calling on staff to bow to him
RIYAZ SAYED KHAIYUM: The fact that the ATS workers abandoned their positions, they lost their jobs. He should go and tell that to Bainimarama who fled through cassava patch leaving his men to put up fight in 2000
The Khaiyum Brothers are holding multiple positions. When Riyaz leaves FBC during office hours to go and chair ATS meeting, does that mean he must lose his job? Who do these two brothers think they are in FIJI? Increasingly, Fiji is being run along brotherly Sicilian Mafia Code!!!!!!
TOP THAT: Now it has emerged that the former Education 'TOPPER' Minister Mahendra Reddy had arbitrarily withheld $462,896.17 of 'Free Education Grant' from Khalsa College and Khalsa Primary in Labasa
One wonders if all talk about Government giving free education is just a smokescreen or was the grant stopped at the whim and fancy of Reddy as Education Minister? Khalsa wants MOE to pay up outstanding money. If not, the Management has threatened to close the schools! Its not 'Water Under the Bridge' despite Reddy becoming the newly created Minister for Waterways and Sewage Plants
FACEBOOK WARFARE: Shailendra Raju tells the SODELPA Candidate Selection Committee member Sakiusa Raivoce: "GO TO HELL MATE"
Fijileaks: Raju has not disclosed what Raivoce wrote to get the telling off
IMPRISONED INSIDE FACEBOOK: Now, Ashwin Raj, instead of following up the case of prisoners who are languishing in Fijian prisons because the members of the Prerogative of Mercy Commission have not been appointed, has joined others in the pursuit of SODELA candidates and their postings (and re-postings) on FACEBOOK
A Police complaint has been lodged against a SODELPA candidate for the 2018 General Election, Ezekiel Sharma on allegations of inciting communal antagonism. Director of Human Rights and Anti-Discrimination Commission Ashwin Raj has lodged the complaint with Fiji Police Force’s Criminal Investigations Department. In his complaint, Mr Raj is alleging that Mr Sharma’s comments on a post on social media was inciting communal antagonism. Questions have been sent to Mr Sharma and also to the General Secretary of SODELPA Adi Litia Qionibaravi on the matter. When contacted yesterday, Adi Litia acknowledged receiving the email and confirmed that she will respond. At around 8pm, Adi Litia responded: “I am not aware of this complaint and cannot make a comment. Is there a statement from the Director FHRADC or the Police that you are reporting on? Please share the statement to me.” No further response was received either from her or Mr Sharma.
In his complaint, Mr Raj said: “I request that this matter be urgently investigated given its potential to promote feelings of ill will between religious groups and ethnic communities in Fiji. The matter warrants urgent attention for two reasons.“ First, these comments must be read in the context of a surge in hate speeches in the social media based on religion and race, which are both prohibited grounds of discrimination given Fiji’s history and our prevailing political context given that Fiji is on the cusp of a General Election.
“Second, consideration must also be given to the status of Ezekiel Sharma and his ability to influence the public in his capacity not only as a candidate for General Election next year under SODELPA, but also in his capacity as a religious leader.”
Mr Sharma is believed to be a Pastor. His Facebook account is filled with unsubstantiated claims against Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama and the Attorney-General Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum. Source: Fiji Sun, 13/12/2017
Thank you for
- Destroying the Fijian culture
- Robbing native land to your Land bank.
- Giving your family and friends top and high paid civil posts
- Systematic corruption
- blaming previous governments for your fuckups
- manipulating the judiciary
- Hiding auditor general's reports
- suppressing media freedom
- inciting fear and confusion in the minds of the people about other political parties
-ruining the education system
- Making fiji drown in debt of more than 5 billion dollars
- Imprisoning those who question you
- selling Ports Authority to foreigners
- systematic corruption
So i kiss your hand for destroying a nation which had moral and respect for their elders and chiefs.
Please continue to do so, because the people of Fiji are very happy in all the freebies you are handing them so that they are busy in that while you ruin the country and pocket millions.
We give you a Hero's welcome. Because:
- you make 3000.00 a day in allowance
- for making our children sit in the hot tents and study while you make money trotting overseas in the name of COP23
- you have no idea what you are doing that why you had to hire QORVIS to make you look good.
- you pay yourself one of the highest salaries in comparison to the world's prime ministers.
- you scare and intimidate people into voting you
- you have no idea what VAT is
- you abolished GCC the only institution all natives had respected.
- you are so dumb that you allowed Khaiyum to take your balls in his hands and make you do whatever he likes
- of your greed in just making money and turning a blind eye on the administration of the nation.
- you are just a face in front of the camera, you are nothing without Khaiyum. And you know it.
For that you are our Hero, please accept this Aarti [Ceremonial welcome] from us stupid Fiji Indians.
For thousands of years before Christianity and Islam, Jerusalem has always been the spiritual, political and historical capital of the Jewish people.
Jerusalem is the eternal city of King David of Israel, who thousand year before Christianity wrote:
“If I forget you, O Jerusalem, May my right hand forget her skill.
May my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth If I do not remember you, If I do not exalt Jerusalem Above my chief joy.”-Psalms 137:5-6
Therefore, it is appropriate that Jerusalem remains the undivided and eternal capital of Israel.
For the People of Fiji, Fiji First Party stand to deny the Jewish people their right.
Let's get together next election and vote for Sodelpa.
FACEBOOK WARFARE: PARMESH CHAND's reported application bid to stand as SODELPA candidate in 2018 election divides social media users
US ambassador to Fiji, Steven McGaan's secret cable to Washington from Suva, re Parmesh Chand's views on Khaiyum's influence on Bainimarama (Wikileaks)
"Fiji’s highest ranking civil servant, Parmesh Chand, reached out to the Ambassador to express concern, both his own and on behalf of others within the IG [Interim Government] seeking elections in 2009, about the AG’s influence with Bainimarama. Chand’s view, that the AG has captured the ear of Bainimarama in a negative way, is widely held in Fiji.”
Fijileaks: Let us nor run away from one crucial fact: The deposed Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase secretly fled Suva for his island on Mavana, leaving his supporters to Bainimarama's military after the 2006 coup. Unlike previous coups of 1987 and 2000, a vast majority of native Fijians simply melted away, only to re-emerge as Facebook warriors on Fiji. We are surprised that Parmesh Chand is willing to stand as a SODELPA candidate under the leadership of SITIVENI RABUKA who not only started the coup culture but raped, assaulted, tortured, and disenfranchised Indo-Fijians. He also beat up and disenfranchised moderate urban native Fijians and Others in his racist and unconstitutional 1990 Constitution. And yet many of Rabuka's supporters have 'rabbit hole mentality'. Strangely, they are not objecting to the inclusion of Peceli Rinakama's name on the SODELPA candidates list. He was not only a co-conspirator with George Speight in overthrowing the Chaudhry government but the MPs were held hostages for 56 days. The SVT MPs had been released within minutes of the takeover of Fiji's Parliament. We might never have heard of Bainimarama and Khaiyum if Rabuka had not started the coup culture in 1987. He is now back, leading SODELPA into the 2018 general election. Cry the Beloved Country!
GOD HAVE MERCY ON PRISONERS WHO HAVE GONE BEYOND THEIR REQUISITE SENTENCES IN FIJI PRISONS. The Prerogative of Mercy Commission is non-existent because President yet to get member list
The 2013 Constitution of Fiji, unlike the 1997 Constitution, has taken the prerogative of mercy power away from the President and it looks like gave it to the Attorney-General Aiyaz Sayed Khaiyum. Khaiyum is the Chair of the Prerogative of Mercy Commission. In May 2015 he told Parliament that Members of the Commission will be appointed soon and all applications will be assessed by the Commission. Its nearly Christmas 2017 and many prisoners have the right to petition for mercy but the list of names for the Mercy Commission have not been forwarded to the President. In his Parliament response, Khaiyum had informed us that the Judicial Service Commission was in the process of appointing the four-member commission with him the chairman [Raja]. "Once they have done that, any applications made under the Prerogative of Mercy Commission will then be assessed by the commission." He also admitted that there was no Parole Board. He was responding to questions regarding whether 2000 COUP conspirators, Timoci Silatolu and Josefa Nata, had applied for parole. The two have already served minimum sentences of nine and seven years respectively of their life imprisonment sentence for TREASON but are still behind bars. "...I certainly can speak on Mr Timoci Silatolu and Josefa Nata, they have not applied for parole; in fact there's no parole board at the moment." It was pointed out to him in Parliament that Silatolu and Nata's fixed terms of nine years and seven years had expired in 2012 and 2010 respectively but they were still being held in prison. To this Khaiyum said the sentences were mandatory, and it did not mean that after serving those terms they could automatically be released but rather it was a minimum period required for their life sentence. He said if need be, there was a particular process in place where, in the absence of a parole board, cases could be brought before the Prerogative of Mercy Commission. He said the Judicial Service Commission was in the process of appointing the four-member commission with him as the chairman. "Once they have done that, any applications made under the Prerogative of Mercy Commission will then be assessed by the commission." The 1987 and 2006 coupsters, led by Sitiveni Rabuka and Frank Bainimarama, are shielded by Rabuka's IMMUNITY contained in the 1990, 1997, and 2013 Constitution
IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME and many prisoners in Fiji have the right to petition for mercy. It is usually a prerogative power of the Monarch/President but the 2013 Constitution of Fiji, unlike the 1997 Constitution, has taken that prerogative away from the President and it looks like gave it to the Attorney-General Aiyaz Sayed Khaiyum. That is wrong and against all principles of mercy and natural justice.
The members of the Judicial Services Commission (JSC) are the Chief Justice Anthony Gates, Solicitor-General Sharvada Sharma, the president of the Fiji Court of Appeal Justice William Calanchini, and Jane Ricketts. There is no Mercy Commission as the JSC (which provides the names to the President after consultation with Khaiyum) is not able to put forward the four names.
Judicial sources claim that Khaiyum is not consulting with the JSC. But why is the JSC inactive on the matter? Why can't it approach Khaiyum directly on the membership and supply the names to the President?
Meanwhile, with Christmas fast approaching, relatives of the prisoners affected are very disappointed that their loved ones are stuck in a limbo because of the membership issue. They are praying for a speedy resolution, and even looking up to 'GOD TO HAVE MERCY' on the plight of the prisoners who have gone beyond their requisite sentences in Fijian prisons.
Sadly - many of these prisoners children are also waiting for a gift from 'Father Christmas' - a reunion with their fathers and mothers still behind bars.
ONE BIG SHOPPING TALK: One topic should have been Mercy Commission!
In 2015, another FFP Minister - Reddy - was busy humiliating the FTA
From Fijileaks Archive, 18 December 2015
Fijileaks: This "Masi Polo" native Fijian JUDAS Tiko (above) had threatened to cut off financial contribution to Fijian Teachers Association if Leawere and others did not publicly show support to bullying Education Minister Reddy; we had not disclosed this information after pleadings from FTA; in fact, Reddy had personally phoned and threatened to stop the funding if Fijileaks continued to reveal the rotten state of affairs at Education Ministry; Tiko to Leawere, 15 January 2015: 'In stating the above Sir, The MOE is awaiting the FTA executives to practice a little show of respect and present at least a little 'matanigasau' to the MOE and its Hon. Minister after the serious of negative comments and unprofessional attacks voiced in the media and blog sites.'
KEPT AFLOAT: FFP appoints Mahendra Reddy as Minister for Waterways (which includes Kinoya sewage plant) as FICAC appeals his ACQUITTAL. The PDP's Aman Ravindra Singh becomes FLP deputy general secretary
And SODELPA candidates who missed out on election tickets, and those still waiting to hear, demand answers from Rabuka on PDP's Lynda Tabuya. When did she apply to join SODELA? When did she send her application to stand as an election candidate? When was she interviewed? Who interviewed her? Is she still PDP or SODELPA? Above all, SODELPA supporters are demanding to read the so-called MOU signed between Sitiveni Rabuka and Lynda Tabuya and Vijay Singh
1. Adi Narayan
2. George Shiu Raj
3. Pastor Ezekiel Sharma
4. Arvind Singh
5. Anare Jale
6. Viliame Gavoka
7. Ro Kiniviliame Kiliraki
8. Semesa Karavaki
9. Tanya Waqanika
10. Salote Radrodro
11. Berenado Daveta
12. Ropate Ligairi
13. Pio Tabaiwalu
14. Jope Koroisavou
15. Dr Mere Samisoni
16. Aseri Radrodro
17. Peceli Rinakama
18. Ratu Suliano Matanitobua
19. Mikaele Liawere
20. Meretui Ratunabuabua
21. Simione Drole
22. Peceli Vosanibola
23. Mitieli Bulanauca
24. Mosese Bulitavu
25. Ratu Tevita Niumataiwalu
26. Niko Nawaikula
27. Reverend Jone Kata
28. Ratu Jone Seniloli
29. Dr Antonio Lalabalavu
30. Lynda Tabuya
As anticipated, Peceli Rinakama, the 2000 convicted coupist with George Speight is now SODELPA candidate. And Simione Drole? Is he the same Drole who, while serving his time on Nukulau Island for his role in the Speight coup, had turned State witness and had testified against other coup accomplices Timoci Silatolu and Jo Nata? Drole had told the Silatolu-Nata TREASON trial that it was Silatolu who gave the final go-ahead for the overthrow of the Mahendra Chaudhry government on 19 May. Drole told the court that the day before the coup they met Silatolu at the Soqosoqo ni Vakavulewa ni Taukei (SVT) party's office in central Suva. Rabuka had led his SVT party into the 1999 general election, only to be trounced at the poll. In 2003, Rinakama alleged that Rabuka's SVT party was behind the 2000 coup, and that it had plotted to overthrow the Chaudhry government even before it took office. And, is Mitieli Bulanauca the same Bulanauca who, in the political upheaval that followed the Speight coup, was appointed to the interim Cabinet formed by Laisenia Qarase as Minister for Lands and Mineral Resources?
Welcome to COUPCOUP Politics, with SODELPA, led by Father of Coups, Sitiveni Rabuka, already having lost the moral high ground to raise the issue of 2006 coup in the 2018 election
Those are the words of Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama while opening the 19th Attorney General’s Conference at the Intercontinental Hotel in Natadola today.
Bainimarama says our bond, as one nation and one people, must only grow stronger in the face of the threat of the old forces dividing the people of the country.
The Prime Minister says we cannot take even one step backward.
Bainimarama says we cannot slip back into the dark years of ethnic and religious division and weak institutions.
He also says that we must condemn — powerfully and openly – any who seek to drag us back to that destructive, backward and personalised way of thinking.
Bainimarama says the constitution establishes our common national identity, as equals, as Fijians.
He says as a result, we stand together today, more united than at any other time in our history. FijiVillage News, 8 December 2017
OPERATION KIDACALA (Surprise) was the code name Sitiveni Rabuka had assigned to his treasonous plan when he overthrew the
Dr Timoci Bavadra government in 1987
SITIVENI RABUKA ON TABUYA AND SINGH:
“They have accepted the challenge to resign from PDP and join the SODELPA ranks. Their loyalty still lies with their original party and they’re coming with the basic and real platforms which the PDP is run on. We find that those are in harmony and that the principals [Fijileaks: Its PRINCIPLES] and the values of SODELPA and we have received them with open arms and this morning I’ve been authorized to sign the
MOU with PDP.”
LYNDA TABUYA ON RABUKA:
“We with SODELPA has come to an agreement that this will be our united fight to continue to fight for the rights of workers and there are rights that are currently in the labour laws will be reviewed and made more fair to workers and this we have come together in unity and cooperation and in this spirit we are here today. Now I’ve been asked the question, why support Rabuka? I dont know if Rabuka’s ever been asked a question why support Tabuya or Prasad? Why support Rabuka? We support Rabuka and Rabuka supports us.”
THE GAUNAVINAKA REPORT: 'Au a vakarautaka na repote ka cicivaka talega na kena leak taki baleta ni'u raica ni sogo saraga na gusi keito' (I prepared the report, organised its leak as our mouths have been shut)
"After berating me for asking a question the Anare Jale Committee said that I had no evidence? That is true, I had no evidence at the time. But I was suspicious enough, that I asked the question which they did not answer and instead turned my questions into accusations. But now 16 months later, the evidence that proves my suspicions to be accurate has surfaced by way of an email sent to Adi Litia by Hon Mosese Bulitavu on August 15th 2015. Adi Lita Qionibaravi knew about Gaunavinaka all along, and withheld this vital and incriminating bit of evidence from both Anare Jale’s Investigating team and the Disciplinary committee" - Beddoes, 7 December 2017
"I recently came into possession of a copy of an email from Hon Mo Bulitavu to Adi Litia Qionibaravi and Sainiana Radrodro dated August 15th 2015 in which he stated that Hon Ratu Naiqama Lalabalavu had been sent the same email at 11pm the night before. The contents of this email are telling and it allows me finally [to] be in a position to put together the missing pieces of the jigsaw called Gaunavinaka. All of the characters who participated in and helped orchestrate this abuse of due process remain in the party management today. All of us who were wrongly accused by Hon Mo Bulitavu were simply ignored. My only motivation for doing this at this time is to finally establish the ‘TRUTH’ about what happened and to expose those individuals who remain in SODELPA today who collectively fabricated the report called Gaunavinaka and orchestrated an entire investigation to hoodwink the unsuspecting members, into believing they were trying to establish the truth when in fact their investigation was an effort to ‘discredit; Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa, Hon Ratu Isoa Tikoca, the late Adi Laufitu Malani, our parliamentary staff and me." -
MICK BEDDOES, 7 DECEMBER 2017
'Although the Disciplinary Committee at a Management Board meeting did recommend the expulsion of Hon Mo Bulitavu in its final recommendations, Adi Litia fervently defended Hon Mosese Bulitavu and quickly moved a motion to Pardon him. He was made Deputy Whip' - Beddoes
I recently came into possession of a copy of an email from Hon Mo Bulitavu to Adi Litia Qionibaravi and Sainiana Radrodro dated August 15th 2015 in which he stated that Hon Ratu Naiqama Lalabalavu had been sent the same email at 11pm the night before. The contents of this email are telling and it allows me finally be in a position to put together the missing pieces of the jigsaw called Gaunavinaka.
My only motivation for doing this at this time is to finally establish the ‘TRUTH’ about what happened and to expose those individuals who remain in SODELPA today who collectively fabricated the report called Gaunavinaka and orchestrated an entire investigation to hoodwink the unsuspecting members, into believing they were trying to establish the truth when in fact their investigation was an effort to ‘discredit; Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa, Hon Ratu Isoa Tikoca, the late Adi Laufitu Malani, our parliamentary staff and me.
- Sixteen months ago, I was accused along with the Leader of the Opposition Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa, the late Adi Laufitu Malani, Hon Ratu Isoa Tikoca and our opposition parliamentary office staff of gross abuses and mismanagement among other things.
- We were all exonerated of any wrong doing by the Party’s own internal disciplinary committee, unfortunately this came after our accusers and their co-conspirators within the Party and management board mounted a series of outrageous public attacks with malice and disrespect especially against Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa and to a lesser extent us.
- What became obvious to all was that all of this was allowed to go on without any of the MP’s involved being cautioned or pulled into line by the President, the General Secretary, the Management Board or the MP’s. They were all silent!
- Although the Disciplinary Committee at a Management Board meeting did recommend the expulsion of Hon Mo Bulitavu in its final recommendations, Adi Litia fervently defended Hon Mosese Bulitavu and quickly moved a motion to Pardon him.
- Also, members of Ratu Kilipati Vakalalabure’s CBM constituency who were present at the meeting threatened the Management Board into forgiving Hon Mosese Bulitavu and muzzle the Report or they would walk out of SODELPA.
- All this was conveniently hushed up. Hon Mo Bulitavu was forgiven and promptly rewarded for his wrong doing and appointed Deputy Whip.
- All of the characters who participated in and helped orchestrate this abuse of due process remain in the party management today.
- All of us who were wrongly accused by Hon Mo Bulitavu were simply ignored.
In a letter to me dated April 16 2016, SODELPA General Secretary L.Q.Qionibaravi, outlined the 5 issues I was accused of and investigated for. Against each of these issues she included the findings of the Anare Jale Investigating Committee as well as the findings of the Disciplinary Committee.
Their findings are so different it is clear that the Anare Jale Committee was out to find us guilty of what we had been accused of, whereas the Disciplinary Committee looked at the rules and the evidence and ruled accordingly. [Refer Example Table 1 below]
2. The conclusions drawn by the Anare Jale team was obviously flawed because I never accused anyone, I just asked if anyone of them were involved, had knowledge of, or lent support to Hon Bulitavu.
3. After berating me for asking a question the Anare Jale committee said that I had no evidence? That is true, I had no evidence at the time, But I was suspicious enough, that I asked the question which they did not answer and instead turned my questions into accusations.
4. But now 16 months later, the evidence that proves my suspicions to be accurate has surfaced by way of an email sent to Adi Litia by Hon Mosese Bulitavu on August 15th 2015. Just 3 days after the Gaunavinaka report was leaked.
5. The final determination of the Disciplinary Committee was on December 5th 2015 meaning Adi Lita Qionibaravi knew about Gaunavinaka all along, and withheld this vital and incriminating bit of evidence from both Anare Jale’s Investigating team and the Disciplinary committee [Refer new email evidence Tables 3 & 4
Armed with this new information I went back over the past 16 months and the sequence of events that led to the distribution of the “Investigations and Findings – Opposition Office Clean-up Campaign report that was later dubbed the Gaunavinaka report and the various encounters I had with people at different times. I wanted to as much as possible connect the dots and get to a position where I feel I can, beyond a reasonable doubt put the finger on who it is I think ‘Gaunavinaka’ was.
So here are the facts:-
1. Sequence of events
- August 12th: A 6 page report titled “Investigations and Findings – Opposition Office Clean-up Campaign” was released to selected media and SODELPA members. It included, a) a 3-page letter to the Leader of the Opposition and signed by the Tui Cakau with the subject “Disappointment on the Opposition’s Stand regarding Resignation of the Military Commander and Appointment of Viliame Naupoto to Act as Military Commander and b) a copy of the Parliamentary office’s bank statement.
- August 12th at 5.36pm in replying to Niko Nawaikula who emailed his concerns about how things were unfolding, Mo Bulitavu signed off as ‘Gauna’
- August 13th: The Gaunavinaka Report as it became known, was covered in both the Fiji Sun and FBC
- August 14th: The 5 MP’s filed their Complaint No 1
- August 15th: Hon Mo Bulitavu’s emails to Sai Radrodro and Adi Litia Qionibaravi [just released]
- August 17th at 9.30am Hon Mo Bulitavu emails details to Victor Lal of Fijileaks
- August 17th: I lodge my formal complaint against Hon Mo Bulitavu and the other MP’s
- August 19th: Their Complaint No 2 - Opposition Issues & Concerns
- September 8th: My response to the allegations in their Complaint No 2
2. By his own words, Hon Mo Bulitavu says that he, with members of the CBM and Naitasiri Constituency, spent time strategizing and soliciting support for the removal of Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa as Leader of Opposition and plans to discredit her closest allies in the Party and effectively pave the way for Sitiveni Rabuka to come in as Party Leader.
3. Hon Mosese Bulitavu confesses that he compiled a report which he leaked. And that he was given the blessing to do what he did by Ratu Kilipati Vakalalabure. The report he refers to was aimed at cleaning up the Opposition Office. So I assume he is talking about the 6-page report titled “Investigations and Findings – Opposition Office Clean-up Campaign” later known as the GAUNAVINAKA REPORT. There is no other report.
4. In the email he also reveals that he and some members of the SODELPA Parliamentary Caucus decided to endorse the Gaunavinaka Report, Initially they had hoped to have the matter investigated as an anonymous report, however I had drawn the GS’s attention to the fact that only registered member’s complaints could be investigated and Gaunavinaka was not a member. Shortly after I said that in the presence of at least 2 of the 5 complaining MP’s the joint letter was filed.
5. Hon Mosese Bulitavu claims in Paragraph 3 that he compiled the report, and that Hon Karavaki compiled the complaint. The words here that make the distinction of the two documents are ‘ivola’ (in P1) and ‘repote’ (in P3). It is interesting that during discussion I had with Hon Karavaki, he indicated he was just asked to put his signature on the documents and nothing else, however according to Hon Mosses’ email, Hon Karavaki was definitely involved!
7. The email Adi Litia Qionibaravi received from Hon Mosese Bulitavu in which he detailed everything was dated August 15th, just 2 days later on August 17th I filed my notice of Grievance against Hon Mosese Bulitavu and in my letter I asked if the General Secretary and/or Management Board, individually or collectively had any knowledge of, participated in, sanctioned or lent support directly or indirectly to the author of the report or any other individuals including Hon Mosese Bulitavu or the person known as Gaunavinaka.
8. They did not respond to this question, but thanks to Hon Mosese Bulitavu’s email, I now know that Adi Litia did have contact with Hon Mosese Bulitavu via his August 15th email.
9. Adi Litia I believe, drafted the Terms of Reference for the Independent Investigating Committee, and when I read the TOR it was obvious to me that Adi Litia had already decided that Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa and us, her allies were guilty. So the Investigating team led by Anare Jale operated on the basis that their mission was to find us ‘guilty’ of all the false charges.
10. Certainly that was the experience I encountered as far as my interviews with the committee were concerned.
11. According to members of our team who attended the Management Board meeting where the findings of the Independent Disciplinary Committee was presented, Adi Litia fervently defended Hon Mosese Bulitavu and moved a motion for his Pardon.
12. Members of Ratu Kilipati Vakalalabure’s CBM constituency [who I now know from Mo’s email helped him with the report and supported his actions] threatened the rest of the Management Board to forgive Hon Mosese Bulitavu and muzzle the Report or they would walk out of SODELPA.
13. That is what happened in that Management Board meeting and it was hushed up.
THE UNSOLICITED LEGAL OPINION
Adi Litia was the one who wrote a legal opinion and presented it to the Management Board
1. Adi Litia Qionibaravi has been agitating for regime change in SODELPA since the outcome of the 2014 Elections.
2. In fact she is the one who had written a Legal opinion and took it to the Management Board meeting, calling for Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa to step down and resign. Her logic being, Hon Ro Teimumu failed to lead SODELPA into government?
3. If we were talking about a fully functional democracy in Fiji, I would agree, but we are talking about a dictatorship and having to lead a newly established party out of 8 years of suppression and 'zero' representation and securing 30% of the seats in parliament and 28% of total votes cast in the 2014 elections.
That is what I consider an achievement against the odds, and to my mind it was definitely not a failure, Hon Ro Teimumu punched a sizable hole in the side of the Fiji First armory.
4. The only failure that Hon Ro Teimumu encountered came from within, and it came via the authors and coconspirators of Gaunavinaka and their collective effort to undermine Hon Ro Teimumu’s leadership at every opportunity to further their own agenda and not the greater good of the party and its members.
It is now obvious to me that what we went through with the Gaunavinaka saga although unwarranted and unjust was just one phase of a multi phased objective which started out with Gaunavinaka to justify our removal, then came the amendments to the party constitution to give effect to their new ‘control’ strategy, followed by Rabuka’s election after a number of earlier failures.
Next will be the removal of Hon Ro Teimumu, and ultimately there will be a restructure and renaming of SODELPA and the re-emergence of CAMV. That’s what I believe their real objective is, and that’s the full picture as I see it.
So thanks to Hon Mosese Bulitavu’s email we now know that the people involved in the Gaunavinaka saga included – Hon Ratu Naiqama Lalabalavu, Adi Litia Qionibaravi, Ratu Kilipati Vakalalabure, Hon Karavaki, Hon Kiliraki, Hon Bulitavu Hon Radrodro [Although recent developments indicate he may be on the way out], Hon Leawere, Mrs Sainiana Radrodro, CBM supporters and former CAMV supporters within SODELPA, all quietly waiting for the ultimate resurrection of CAMV and the demise of SODELPA,
Peter Waqavonovono got it right the first time, when he told me, at the very beginning, that all this was to pave the way for Rabuka and they are prepared to destroy SODELPA to do it
Fijileaks: We are yet to obtain comment from Mosese Bulitavu
Many people are blaming the Fiji sun for discrediting the party however the truth is that the caucus has been at the root of it all. We have been made a fool of as we have not been involved in any decision making. Our thinking is that Ratu Yavala comes in as replacement to the opposition leader. If the inquiry is not well conducted hon Aseri Radroro's role in PAC will be weakened. We have no more confidence in the opposition leader or whip. Many people are asking as to who is the author of the (Gaunavinaka) report, I am requesting that the party deals with this issue. We have asked GS to stand up straight and she is awaiting a decision from you. My apology for the negative light cast on the party and your name (Desperate times needs desperate measures) The caucus at this time is minus us. I am requesting your decision be straight and clean. Wishing you all the best.
Your obedient servant,
From Fijileaks Archive, 20 August 2015:
From Fijileaks Archive, 10 December 2015:
Opposition Leader Ro Teimumu Kepa today broke her silence on the ongoing issue of the Mosese Bulitavu, Aseri Radrodro led Gaunavinaka report.
Ro Teimumu said she attended the SODELPA Management Board meeting held on Saturday 5th December  when the Disciplinary Committee tabled its final determination and recommendations on the Bulitavu, Radrodro Gaunavinaka Report.
Ro Teimumu said Mosese Bulitavu, Aseri Radrodro and others made damaging and false accusations against her and others with their discredited document.
The Disciplinary Committee involves senior members of the party and the lawyer in the group is a respected member of the legal fraternity. The following is what the Committee recommended:-
On financial mismanagement, the members reaffirmed that the claims were false and unsubstantiated, and dismissed all allegations against me, Hon Ratu Isoa Tikoca, Hon Salote Radrodro, Laufitu Malani and Mick Beddoes.
They recommended the expulsion of Hon Mosese Bulitavu.
That is essentially what the Executive Summary of the report spelt out.
Compare the facts of the Executive Summary that I have outlined with the official statement issued by the General Secretary of SODELPA and it becomes obvious that certain officials in the party have for reasons best known to them, hidden the truth from our people.
This is totally unacceptable and it goes against the basic principles and values of the party and sadly these elements were missing from the Management Board's decision and media release which were made without the concurrence of all of its members.
The Disciplinary Committee had full powers to make its recommendations and in the interests of justice and fairness and to maintain its impartiality the Management Board should have fully endorsed the recommendations.
After the tabling of the Disciplinary Committee’s report I, and others, who had been exonerated were asked to leave the meeting room.
What followed was the Management Board's 'pardon' of Hon Mosese Bulitavu for his reprehensible and disloyal behaviour. The pardon came after northern delegates threatened to leave SODELPA if Hon Bulitavu was expelled as recommended.
This decision by the Board is regrettable because they allowed themselves to be blackmailed. There is no evidence to indicate any of our accusers made any apology and neither had any of them shown remorse. Decisions made under 'threat' are flawed and compromised. Once this type of precedent is set, a political party exposes itself to further threats. It puts itself on a slippery slope.
No one is forced to become a member of SODELPA and neither are members forced to stay with the party. If they don't like the outcome of the party's Disciplinary Committee, they are free to resign.
SODELPA members have been looking forward to the resolution of the dispute involving the discredited allegations by Mosese Bulitavu, Aseri Radrodro and others. The Disciplinary Committee did the task entrusted to it.
However the Management Board’s actions in ignoring the recommendation on Hon Bulitavu has brought SODELPA into greater disrepute.
This ongoing disorder and dysfunctionality within the party executive must stop now, we cannot and must not allow disloyal members and disruptive elements to hold the entire party to ransom. The only benefactors to this deliberately created crisis continuing is Fiji First and we must all oppose this vigorously.
I call on all our loyal party supporters to rally behind us and help me bring about a change in SODELPA away from its current secretive, divisive and destructive stance to a more credible, accountable and transparent party.
Hon Ro Teimumu Kepa
On the other hand, Whip-Ratu Isoa Tikoca (MP) a fall out from Bainimarama’s administration being Ambassador to PNG and the master-mind of the iTaukei Foundation established at the Bosevanua in Bau to sign a memorandum with the government under the United Nations Declaration for the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) with intention to undermine the Yanuca Resolutions. The Yanuca letter was endorsed by the Vitivou Forum Inc. and the Fiji Native Tribe Congress to prove to the ILO Convention 169 Committee of Experts that the argument by the Bainimarama government that majority of indigenous Fijians had accepted the reforms directed to remove their group rights through the adoption of the People’s Charter is not true, indigenous peoples were not consulted of the imposed changes. Both indigenous groups are co-chaired by the Leader of the Opposition and Tui Cakau, Ratu Naiqama Lalabalavu (MP) with many heads of chiefly domes in Kubuna, Burebasaga and Tovata Confederacies. Opposition Whip-Ratu Isoa Tikoca (MP) after he was sacked and his passport held until he fully settled the money he used for his son’s tuition fees who was studying in Australia, presented his iTaukei Foundation concept to negotiate on behalf of Tailevu province to the Government, but failed to convince Bainimarama. He brought his concept to SODELPA and was allowed to present it the party headquarters trying to convince the party with Bainimarama’s abusive emails. It was only in January, 2014 that Ratu Isoa Tikoca (MP) entered the SODELPA movement - Reclaiming Fiji. How can these individuals be trusted and given very key decision making positions at the Opposition Office? -
The Gaunavinaka Report
"It is unfortunate to state that the appointment of Richard Naidu as the Opposition’s nominee was the decision of the Leader of the Opposition alone and did not reflect any consensus with the caucus or the party. She pushed her way through to get her choice despite members of the caucus suggesting other nominees...In the recent resignation and the appointment of the new RFMF Commander, the Opposition Office acted without the direction, knowledge and permission of the party by publically saying in the media that the acting appointment of Viliame Naupoto as new Commander was ‘in order’ because it was procedurally agreed at the Constitution Commission. The Leader of the Opposition and her nominee Richard Naidu made a blanket undertaking that the Chairperson is allowed to make interim three months appointments. The President [Ratu Naiqama] had expressed his disappointment and questioned the Leader of the Opposition in a written letter on 3 August 2015 on the validity of the position of the Opposition Office taken especially one done without his understanding, without consultation as to the position of the party." - THE GAUNAVINAKA REPORT
"Without the consultation of the caucus and the management board of the party she announced that the leader of the National Federation Party [Biman Prasad] is the Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee. The Leader of the Opposition gave away a key position of every opposition majority party that will give the National Federation Party (NFP) mileage for the 2018 elections. The conspiracy was later revealed to be created by Laufitu Malani and Eci Kikau of the NFP. This is a serious breach of the party constitution."
"Ratu Sai" was responding to allegations against Sakiusa Raivoce in the Gaunavinaka Report. Raivoce is on the Selection Committee to select SODELPA candidates for the 2018 general election
From Fijileaks Archive, 20 August 2015:
UPDATE: "I have read your latest statement in the blog-site and I agree with the report, because that is the amount the SODELPA Opposition Office in Parliament borrowed from me. I did not even ask for an interest, they offered it to me. I don't know where the $30k and the $10k interest came from as reported by Gaunavinaka." - Sakiusa Raivoce to Fijileaks
Fijileaks Investigation Team's finding:
* Raivoce paid for the Opposition Office staff wages & petty cash from the date that the General Secretary of Parliament terminated all staff on 9 January 2015 until the Opposition received their $225,000 deposit.
* Raivoce stepped in to provide a bridging loan and Sodelpa agreed to the nominal interest rate in exchange.
* Sodelpa provided a wage listing and petty cash reimbursement each week and he advanced the money.
* In March Sodelpa refunded him $13,261.24 plus 5% interest of $663.07. He was paid $13,924.31 in total.
* Had Raivoce not stepped in, Sodelpa would have had to close the office or ask the staff to work for free.
* Raivoce had agreed to loan $10,000 initially and the interest was to be $500
"I prepared the GAUNAVINAKA Report and organised its leak as our mouths have been shut."
"The Caucus has decided that a letter of complaint, already drafted by Karavaki, be forwarded to the GS [General Secretary of SODELPA, Adi Litia Qionibaravi, on the leadership in the office. I state here that the caucus masterminded operation Gaunavinaka. I prepared the report and organised its leak as our mouths have be."
SODELPA (Rabuka) will release the remaining list of candidates today
(Saturday, 9 December 2017)
The FULL GAUNAVINAKA REPORT:
Opening a Regional Training Workshop on Economics, Social and Cultural Rights and Human Rights Indicators in Denarau this week, the AG went on an excursion into the Land of the Big Lasulasu (Lie).
He was quoted in a Fiji Times report as having said Fiji's 1987 and 2000 coups were a result of people's inability to access basic socio economic rights.
Lasulasu No 1: There were not two coups, but three, 1987, 2000 and 2006 -The Kai-Bai Coup in which he was a key player along with Voreqe Bainimarama.
Lasulasu No 2: The reason for the first, second (and third) coups had nothing to do with lack of access to socioeconomic rights. The 1987 takeover was because an Indian-dominated government won the elections of that year. The second coup was to remove our first Indian elected Prime Minister. It had nothing whatsoever to do with socioeconomic rights. The Kai-Bai Coup was motivated by different reasons and was essentially a power grab.
For the record, when the 1987 coup happened Fiji was coming off the back of a 7.75% growth in 1986, four months later came Rabuka’s Coup No 1 and we nose-dived to a (-6.62%) negative growth.
Similarly with coup 2, the country had an 8.8%; growth in 1999 then after the Speight 2000 Coup it took a nosedive to (1.6%)
And again in 2006 the growth rate was 1.9%, then the Kai-Bai coup occurred and it slumped to (0.09%) leading to a devaluation.
In each case the economic damage was directly caused by the three coups; the people had nothing to do with them. Each of the coups were planned and executed by a handful of people who wanted to grab power, pure and simple (although with different motivations).
The AG says, quote: “In Fiji, we've had disruptions to Government in 1987 and in 2000. If you see the genesis of that and if you look at why these things have happened it's because of people's inability to access very basic socioeconomic rights
Lasulasu No 3: ‘Disruptions to government’ in 1987 and 2000, but again no mention of their own 2006 ‘disruption’. I mean seriously he now wants to call ‘coups and acts of treason’ ‘disruptions! Who is he kidding!
This new spin by the AG is part of a plan by the Fiji First Government and its $1 million a year p.r. company QORVIS to ‘socially re-engineer’ the minds of the gullible among us into believing that 2006 never happened.
Have a look at the Prime Minister’s bio in the COP23 website and there’s not a single mention of the 2006 military takeover of an elected government by Bainimarama. Yet this is the defining action of his entire career. What should this omission be called? A falsification? Or a rejection of reality? The truth, of course, is that Bainimarama wants to conceal what he did in 2006 because perpetrating an act of treason is hardly an achievement he would want to draw attention to on his bio details for COP23.
At the workshop where the AG broke with reality, he veered off into Lasulasu Land again when he spoke of the need for certain rights, including “cultural” rights, to be “mainstreamed” into policies. The 2013 imposed Constitution, of which Sayed-Khaiyum was the principal author, lists 45 items under its Bill of Rights. There is no reference to cultural rights.
The 1997 Constitution, which may still be in force, had a section on group and customary rights, which are an important part of indigenous Fijian culture. But these cultural rights were left out of his 2013 Constitution, with the agreement of Voreqe Bainimarama.
And sadly the UN and other International players appear willing to give credence to the orchestration of all this Denial by Deception.
One wonders whether they have the well-being of we the people at heart. Perhaps they think we can be cast side?
Well we WILL NOT!!
"...Secrecy is the keystone of all tyranny. Not force, but secrecy... censorship. When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, 'This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know,' the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives." --Robert A. Heinlein, -If This Goes On
click link below:
The Draft Ghai Constitution 2013
The Explanatory Report
Appendage to Draft Constitution
Professor Yash Ghai's Statement