Unlike 2014, he has left blank the BENEFITS; in 2014 he claimed he was getting $20,000 for entertainment (taralala) allowance, and $28,000 in other allowances. Surprisingly, like 2014, four years later, in 2018 the plot of land he valued at $25,000 is the same (cleverly noted as purchase price). He has $31,356.81 in the RFMF Mataivalu Savings Credit Union (Auditor-General refused permission to audit), whose chairman is his brother-in-law and convicted killer and jailbird (released without serving his sentence) - FRANCIS KEAN.
Last week, FFP leader Bainimarama was exhorting the voters:
“Please vote for us not because we are related. Vote for us because of what we can do for you. That’s the most important thing.”
Fijileaks: According to Mataivalu Saving's Credit Union website, only serving members of the RFMF can be members to obtain loans and other privileges, so WHY is Bainimarama still listing his assets of $31,356.81 with MSCU
MSCU website: A milestone decision reached at the SGM of 2009 was that membership of MSCU only be available to Serving members of the RFMF and civilian staff at MSCU. The exercise to terminate the members not meeting this criterion has been successfully concluded. And, how come Kean is the chairman? The MSCU have over the years assisted several organizations in major development loans including the formation of Homelink Security Services: mscu.com.fj/Default.aspx
FOUR years later, Bainimarama is yet to answer
FIJILEAKS TO BAINIMARAMA (3/7/2014):
1. HAVE YOU declared what the loan of $246,380 is for from TSB Bank, when it was drawn, given the fact that there is no corresponding liability against that declared loan?
2. Then what is the declaration for the loan of $55392 remaining balance, given the fact that YOU show substantial bank balance of $353,000 across 3 separate accounts?
3. How does YOUR asset tally up with YOUR income salary and is the bank balance included for the back pay you received? If not then show YOUR bank statements with evidence of it being paid back.
4. Where is YOUR FNPF statement printouts for past 8 years as YOU have not declared your FNPF funds as your assets as super funds?
(1) had a total income of $278,750.
From that money, $230,000 is what he receives as annual salary for being Prime Minister, $20,000 for entertainment allowanceand other allowances $28,750.
The declaration also shows that Bainimarama has:
(2) three banks accounts in BSP;
he has $51,207 in one account;
$101,968 in his cheque account;
and $104,815 in a term deposit account.
He also has $26,042 in a Mataivalu Savings account and $14,443 with the Unit Trust.
His total liabilities are $301,772.88 and total net assets $51,704.60.
He has also declared a Hyundai Tuscon vehicle valued at $30,000 and a property in Nadi valued at $25,000.