* As the military began its final assault to remove the democratically elected Laisenia Qarase led SDL-FLP multi-party government, my highly reliable and faithful military sources at Berkeley Crescent for a number of years hurriedly sent off to me highly confidential materials for safekeeping and possible disclosure in the future. I will be revealing more details in my forthcoming book [with Russell Hunter, co-author] on the inside story about the 2006 coup and the key players and personalities behind the 5 December treasonous act;
* Among the reams of documents were letters from the military (Esala Teleni) demanding the removal of the then Police Commissioner Andrew Hughes who was determined to arrest and bring to trial Frank Bainimarama on various criminal charges including the murder of CRW unit soldiers following the 2000 mutiny at the barracks, which saw Bainimarama dash with 'dripping diarrhea' through the cassava patch for his life;
* The Minister for Homes Affairs & Immigration had informed the military that if it has "credible evidence" against Hughes it should go to the Constitutional Offices Commission (COC) for the Minister had no control on the Office of Commissioner of Police except on general policy;
* As we know, when the military failed to get its way, Teleni directly threatened to KILL Hughes and his family if he (Hughes) did not resign or left Fiji. In the end, the treasonous, murderous thugs, got their way by executing the 5 December coup;
* The recent pressure cooker "assault" on policing was a repetition of the "Hughes Model" that led to the resignation of the South African Police Commissioner Ben Groenewald and the appointment of the 2006 post-coup thug Sitiveni Qiliho as acting Police Commissioner;
* One notable difference is the COC - to ensure that these present thugs get their way, they have stuffed the COC with their own chamchas and kana lotos, and dictator Frank Bainimarama has become its chairman. Two irrelevant members on the COC are Ro Teimumu Kepa and Suva lawyer Richard Naidu. Fijileaks calls on the two to resign from the COC!
Fijileaks: The then Home Affairs Minister's response to Esala Teleni:
[Nov 13/ 2015]
The Leader of the Opposition, Ro Teimumu Kepa, has called for an urgent meeting of the Constitutional Offices Commission to examine its standards of conduct and ensure that it is following proper procedures.
Ro Teimumu said that her call comes in the wake of the Police Commissioner’s unexpected resignation because of Military interference. Ro Teimumu said that instead of supporting the Police Commissioner, an independent constitutional officer, the Prime Minister and the Attorney-General had worked actively to undermine him.
Now, following his resignation, they have abused the Prime Minister’s delegated authority to make acting appointments, by appointing someone from outside the Police Force to act as Commissioner. In doing so they have ignored the highest-ranked Police officers currently in the Force with the skills and experience to lead the Police until a new Commissioner is appointed.
Ro Teimumu said she was aware that a Commission member, Mr Richard Naidu, had requested an urgent meeting of the Commission today to discuss the process of appointment of the acting Police Commissioner. She said she supported this request.
Ro Teimumu said Colonel Qiliho’s appointment as Acting Police Commissioner was inappropriate and could not stand if the government was serious about the independence of the Police.
Ro Teimumu Kepa