* I [Chancellor Gary Miller] also find that the University [UNCW] has proven by clear and convincing evidence that you inappropriately touched and stroked____'s hair while calling her 'pretty'
* You inappropriately hugged, touched and/or communicated unwelcome advances toward________, one of your current students, by placing your hands on her lower back and/or buttocks
* I also find by clear and convincing evidence that the University proved you touched______'s thighs/legs while seated next to her during your one on-one meetings with her and you further made inappropriate comments to________stating, "I've never seen someone look so good in jeans" - or words to that effect
Chancellor Miller to Johnson, 18 May 2012:
* So far neither Johnson nor Vice-Chancellor Rajesh Chandra have communicated with Fijileaks; instead Johnson contacted WECT TV in North Carolina protesting his innocence, claiming he was treated unfairly and that racial bias [he is African-American] could have played in his dismissal;
* Johnson had appealed his dismissal to the University of North Carolina Board of Governors to no avail;
* While blocking Fijileaks e-mails Johnson, however, provided documents from a 2012 UNCW Faculty Hearing Committee to WECT regarding the charges against him;
* They show that committee was not convinced Johnson inappropriately touched students, although they all agreed he had inappropriate communication with students;
* They did not feel the university had grounds to terminate Johnson, and instead recommended a one semester suspension without pay, along with counseling
(Fijileaks: Why recommend that a psychology professor should be suspended for one semester WITHOUT PAY and be sent for COUNSELING if he was not guilty of any wrong-doing? COUNSELING for what: inappropriate sexual deviancy involving female students? Did the Committee feel that Johnson, to use psychology phraseology, was a clinically recognized patient, suffering from some sort of disorders of sexual or paraphiliac nature who needed counseling? He was already suspended before, in 2005. Among research interests he listed on his UNCW Psychology Department website: Factors affecting perceptions of sexual aggression;
* However, the then Chancellor Gary Miller did not accept the committee's recommendation, and instead followed the Provost’s suggestion that Johnson be fired as psychology professor from UNCW
Fijileaks: Did Johnson provide to USP selection committee Chancellor Miller's dismissal letter, along with the 2012 Faculty Hearing Committee documents? For Chancellor Miller's letter is very exhaustive and catalogues a series of sexual improprieties that was levelled against Johnson but most crucially, Chancellor Miller argued the psychology professor was already on notice when he [Johnson] was suspended for 30 days and given a final letter in 2005 for allegedly touching another female student inappropriately. Even though the UNCW Committee felt otherwise, the Chancellor, Provost, and the Board of Governors fired Johnson. Surely, they can't be accused of RACISM. Their overriding concern was the safety of female students.
He was on their radar since 2005 when he was suspended and warned to keep his "hands to himself"
"Johnson tells WECT [TV in North Carolina] he is happy and thriving at his new job as the Head of School of Social Sciences at USP, and they have been especially supportive of him. He says that the [USP] administration there fully vetted him and reviewed the UNCW Faculty Hearing Committee's findings regarding the allegations against him. They agreed that UNCW did not have sufficient evidence for his termination."
WECT TV update, Tuesday 26 September 2017
In firing Johnson from his job, the then UNCW Chancellor Gary Miller (above photo) outlined the following alleged incidents the female students had made against Johnson, and ruled as follows:
From my review of the record, I find that the University has proven by clear and convincing evidence, that during several meetings in your office throughout the spring semester:
* You inappropriately hugged, touched and/or communicated unwelcome advances toward________, one of your current students, by placing your hands on her lower back and/or buttocks;
* I [Chancellor] also find that the University [UNCW] has proven by clear and convincing evidence that you inappropriately touched and stroked____'s hair while calling her 'pretty'. Such behaviour constitutes misconduct and the mistreatment of a student pursuant to the Code;
* That during several one-on-one meetings in your office in the summer of 2011, you hugged another undergraduate student_______and placed your hands on her lower back and/or buttocks. Such advances were both unwelcome and inappropriate;
* I also find by clear and convincing evidence that the University proved you touched______'s thighs/legs while seated next to her during your one on-one meetings with her and you further made inappropriate comments to________stating, "I've never seen someone look so good in jeans" - or words to that effect.
* These behaviors and comments are misconduct under the Code and further constitute mistreatment of a student
Fijileaks: "They [USP] agreed that UNCW did not have sufficient evidence for his termination", claims Johnson. But, did he provide the contents of Chancellor Miller's Termination Letter, which catalogued the number of allegations made against him regarding his behaviour during one to one meetings with his female students? In considering the appointment, the USP Appointing Committee might not have made the appointment, based on Miller's letter, fearing the likelihood of a repeat of 2005 and 2011? Did Johnson go for counseling in 2011? Psychologists generally refer to non-traditional sexual behaviour as sexual deviation or, in cases where the specific object of arousal is unusual, as paraphilia. We have incredibly reliable sources inside USP and have learnt that in 2013 an anonymous e-mailer had tipped USP. Over the next year, in 2014, Johnson provided material (excerpts from the 2012 UNCW Faculty Hearing Committee Report) to show he had been cleared. But he provided no clearance statement from UNCW nor a copy of Chancellor Miller's Dismissal Letter of 18 May 2012 to him
WATCH VIDEO BELOW:
It was earlier confirmed that Reddy would be the only defence witness.
Both parties have been given time to file their closing written submissions.
The matter has been adjourned to 21st November for mention.
The judgement date has not been set as yet.
It is alleged that Doctor Mahendra Reddy, on or about 8th May this year, in Rakiraki, in order to influence the vote of Waisea Lebobo, the Manager of Ra High School, directly conferred or offered to confer a benefit namely a steady water source for Ra High School.
It is also alleged that Doctor Reddy on or about 8th May this year, in Rakiraki, interfered with the free exercise or performance of a political right of Waisea Lebobo that is relevant to the 2018 election.
Doctor Reddy has pleaded not guilty to one count of bribery and one count of undue influence.
The maximum penalty for each count upon conviction is a fine not exceeding $50,000 or a prison term not exceeding 10 years.