Dr Rohit Kishore to Rajendra Chaudhry:
"I do not hold Australian citizenship anymore."
Rajendra Chaudhry (RPC) cannot provide any evidence to his claims but Rohit Kishore can to Fijileaks:
1. Kishore's proper resignation from USP, including USP’s acceptance, clearance and certificate of service. If he didn’t have these documents, FNU would not have employed him; especially he being a FLP person, when FNU is a Fiji Government University as we know. So Kishore was never terminated from USP.
2. His proper resignation, including acceptance and certificate of service from PSC, when he resigned from the PS’s position. His service certificate states his excellent service. Again not terminated. In fact he has NEVER been terminated from any job ever.
3. He does NOT hold Australian Citizenship anymore. He did this well before RPC’s comments and this is why Kishore never bothered to reply to him. This is another sacrifice that Kishore has made. The first was resigning from FNU when Dr Ganesh Chand (VC) refused to give him leave without pay which he had given to Mahend Reddy and Eci Nabalawaru for contesting the same election that Kishore is contesting. FLP candidates go through tough time here. This government is trying its best to finish FLP. Kishore has purely joined FLP to save the party and fight this government out; if not this time surely next time. So he is here to stay.
4. Kishore is a partner of the company which has invested in Suva Hotel; they have an operating company running it for them for certain amount that they get every month. What is wrong here, we wonder? This shows RPC's desperation in making claims against Khshore.
5. The voters need to know the following? But the media is still very controlled and biased so Kishore struggles to get these through to the voters.
1. This government came in on the gun point, a military government. An act of treason.
2. Because of the military takeover, the economic growth went out of the window. Everything started failing on them and rightfully so.
3. To get tourism going, they devalued the dollar. To increase revenue they raised VAT to 15% from 12.5%. This was done in April 2009. Recall they criticized SDL’s VAT of 12.5% and promised to remove it.
4. In particular the above two policies are the major reasons for the high cost of living that we have in this country today. Very high and ordinary people are crying out loudly.
5. In the face of the above, this govt set the national wages at $2 an hour for the ordinary workers. Ordinary workers in particular those working for Gujrati firms told me that their wages have been actually reduced to $2 from $2.60 and $2.80 any some cases. Can you imagine the impact of this on poor workers in this country? We are saying in our manifesto that we will review this to $3.50 to $4.00.
6. Poverty has increase from 30% to around 45% to 50%. Squattership is on the rise. A huge percentage of the population will NEVER be able to afford a house for their families.
7. Small businesses are struggling in this country because of the high cost of doing business. All the license fees, registration, stamp duties, etc have increased significantly under this govt. They introduced Service Turn Over Tax (STOT) of 5% on many businesses. This is a killer of the businesses in the service industry. Up front the govt takes 5% of gross sales; I know the pain of this because my business is affected as well. Then you pay 15% VAT, then so so so many others charges, fees, licenses, etc etc etc. Health, fire, OH&S, you name it. The amount of all increased significantly. Not forgetting the 2% levy on credit cards which is a new tax brought in by this govt. As it is the bank interest rates is relatively very high compared to USA, Aust, NZ and other good countries.
8. Unemployment is at the highest of all times. Youth employment is about 20%. Because the SMEs are struggling, they not employing.
9. The appointments of AG, we hope Fijileaks is aware of all this.
10. The high debt level of about 55% of the GDP, this is excluding the contingencies.
11. Also Fiji First hasn’t even got a manifesto and not announced half of their candidates.
12. Also in the name of one person one vote, why have they uprooted the entire voting system? This new number system is so complicated and many voters will not be able to cast their votes. The list goes on bro.
13. Revenue collection has increased because of 15% VAT, higher fees, charges and duties and also their aggressive and threatening means of collecting revenue. NOT because of economic growth at all. All the new FIRCA forms threaten tax payers to imprisonment for late payment. This govt has not submitted any of their accounts for the last 8 years so who should go to jail?
14. All of them are still in fulltime employment and using taxpayers’ money, vehicles and other resources to campaign.
15. LTA and it charges really high and bad. The list goes on, Fijileaks.
Rajendra Chaudhry on 8 August to Fijileaks: "FBC wrote to me re my comments and I responded. It was covered at the end of the story albeit in abbreviated form. My full reply was as follows: Rohit Kishore is incorrect on both his assertions. The complaint of sexual assault against me was withdrawn by the complainant and she was charged, she pleaded guilty and was convicted and sentenced for it in the Magistrates Court. In the High Court she was represented by different counsel and she appealed her sentence only and not conviction for making a false complaint of sexual assault. This matter was dealt with or finally determined in April 2012..."
Dr Rohit Kishore, speaking on Fiji TV’s talk back show ‘Outside the Box’. Kishore said RPC's comments are personally motivated.
Rajendra Chaudhry to Fijileaks: "FBC wrote to me re my comments and I responded. It was covered at the end of the story albeit in abbreviated form. My full reply was as follows: Rohit Kishore is incorrect on both his assertions. The complaint of sexual assault against me was withdrawn by the complainant and she was charged, she pleaded guilty and was convicted and sentenced for it in the Magistratesn Court. In the High Court she was represented by different counsel and she appealed her sentence only and not conviction for making a false complaint of sexual assault. This matter was dealt with or finally determined in April 2012. I left Fiji on 29 October 2012 and prior to this I was never subject of any investigation, charge or trial on relation to any "rape" offence as alleged by Rohit Kishore. This ridiculous comment by Kishore is nothing but a scare tactic to discourage me from returning to Fiji and it, like the false sexual assault complaint instigated by Aiyaz Khaiyum of the complainant in exchange for a deal in her drugs case. The reason being to remove me an outspoken critic of the illegal regime since 2007 with Nasinu Town Council dissolution case and continuing today through my Facebook page. My political aspirations are yet to materialise and I never had any intention to contest the 2014 elections given my being away from Fiji. Rohit Kishore should provide evidence of his assertions or withdraw them for very clear reasons which need not be explained. Rohit Kishore should also tell your viewers on whether he holds Australian citizenship/ passport and whether he was the other person who had compromising photos taken with students as posted on the internet in recent days. I have not had anything to do with FLP since temporarily leaving Fiji. I have in the past also only acted a legal adviser to the party upon request. I maintain my distance for the reason that Mr Chaudhry is the FLP leader and I do not want people to think that I want any special favours or treatment re FLP candidacy from him. I have in recent times criticised certain FLP candidate endorsement for good reason and to ensure that there is transparency and accountability in the FLP so as to ensure that the party is politically sound. I stand by such criticisms, in view were/ are justified. Mr Chaudhry has never discouraged me from returning to Fiji. Fiji is and always be my home. I will enter politics in Fiji in my own time and on my own terms."