Fijileaks Investigation Team
FIJI POLICE FORCE
OFFICE OF THE DIVISIONAL INTELLIGENCE OFFICER SOUTH / TOTOGO
P.O. Box 16531, SUVA.
Telephone: (679) 3304581, (679) 331122 Ext. Nos. 1293, 1283, 1284, 1286, 1288 Mobile No: (679) 9905812 Fax: (679)
PITA WAQAWAI - Originally from Somosomo Taveuni
Name: PITA WAQWAI
Position: Senior Lecturer
Postal Address: PO BOX 3722, Samabula
Phone: (679) 3389 204 Mobile: 9236832
Fax: (679) 3370375
Post-graduate Diploma in Education, USP, currently enrolled
Cert IV in Assessment & Workplace Training -TUNRA, University of Newcastle, Aust - 2005;
International Diploma in Tertiary Teaching - FIT, Fiji – 2004;
BA Professional Communication - RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia - 1998
Senior Lecturer, Communication Department, Fiji Institute of Technology, 2000 - present
Media & Public Affairs Officer, Parliament of the Fiji Islands, Suva, 1997 –1999
Reporter, Radio Australia, Australian Broadcasting Corporation, Melbourne (Work attachment), 1996
Producer/Presenter; Quiz Master, 1994 National Quiz, Radio Fiji – FBC, 1991 - 1997
Information Officer, Nadi International Airport, Fiji Visitors Bureau, 1991
Reporter; Producer/ Presenter, FM96, Communications Fiji Ltd., 1989 - 1990
2009 Secretary, FTA/FIT Branch
2009 Secretary, Cunningham Youth Club
2005 Secretary, FIT Teaching Staff Social & Culture Club
2005 Secretary, Verata House, QVSOB Association
2004 Consultant, Waqawai Family Club
2001 Secretary, Cakaudrove Tikina, Suva
1999 Secretary, Caubati Youth Club
Reverend Josefa SEWALE of the Methodist Church of Fiji is currently residing at Quaia Lami and holding the position of Quaia MCF Circuit Minister which falls under Lami Division.
On the 29th March Rev SEWALE was invited to a function at the Fiji National University [FIT] Samabula. Rev SEWALE has claimed that during the function a flyer regarding BLACK TUESDAY was been circulated. Rev SEWALE was also given with a copy which he kept it.
Rev SEWALE further claims that upon reaching home and seeing the contents of the flyer he had met with Military officers whom he claimed are from Military Intelligence Dept residing at Quauia and given the said flyer to them explaining the circumstances behind the flyer as to how it was been circulated.
Rev SEWALE also claimed that the said Military officers again visited him and asked more information pertaining to the issue whereby he informed them the following;
· That a lecturer at Samabula campus, Pita WAQAWAI is a very close associate of Suliasi DAUNITUTU of the Fiji Democracy and Freedom Movement;
· Rev SEWALE claimed that he has served at Australia as MCF steward and is aware the two’ s connection as friends;
· That WAQAWAI is constantly communicating with the Movement members in abroad.
Rev SEWALE has stated that on Friday 6th April, 2012 the Military officers have questioned Pita WAQAWAI on the issue which he denied.
Then the same officers visited Rev SEWALE again when they were nearly chased by the reverend claiming that officers should not have approached Pita in such manner and should have done more background investigations in order in Pita not be able to defend.
Another source who is a friend of Pita WAQAWAI on his face book account have extracted the following from WAQAWAI’ s account which is very much beneficial to current situation and case in hand.
There were two occasion since February 2012 WAQAWAI has posted comments or received comments from DAUNITUTU;
· 7TH Feb, 12 [9.20pn] Vinaka Pita. I like to see Fijians excel and judging by your post you have views that agree with what I am an advocate for. This will have to begin from a legal or RIGHT platform. Teaching our children to respect the rule of law would be a good starting point. Thank you for your post, your ideas and opinion will be much appreciated and welcomed in the Demo forum. Loloma yani Tau, stay safe and well.
· On 8th Feb, 12 – WAQAWAI commented on one of DAUNITUTU’s discussion issue on facebook title BACK TO DEMOCRACY - "Bula vinaka. I fully support efforts made in Fiji and abroad to get Fiji back to electoral democracy. Indeed, Fiji needs a change. Yes! And here's hopefully positive that a better Fiji awaits its people down the road - come…".
WAQAWAI has also accessed and in some cases commented the following Issues for Discussion set by DAUNITUTU;
· How can we remove the dictator or dictatorship in our land [Fiji]
· Peaceful Resistance or by Force
· Fijian land unlawfully taken by colonist
· Matabose/Vakaturaga Great Council of Chiefs
· Back to Democracy in Fiji
· Queen Victoria School to be run by members
All the above issues are directly linked with current Government and its administration.
· As per above it is now merely confirmed that WAQAWAI is associated with Suliasi DAUNITUTU.
· His actions and ideologies as per above extract also indicate high possibilities of subject’s involvement of the flyer that were found at FNU Samabula campus by Rev SEWALE on 29th March, 2012.
· Pita WAQAWAI to be taken in under arrest and interviewed under caution for alleged distribution of flyers.
· IT Expertise to be utilized on subjects computers and laptops including USB to ascertain if he has downloaded or printed the flyer from blog site.
K. BULITOVO [A/SP]
DIO South & TOTOGO
FROM FIJILEAKS ARCHIVE: