Again, SODELPA sources claim that the findings of the two reports by Anare Jale, a former PS, PSC, and those by Emitai Boladuadua, Dr Tupeni Baba and one Sala Tamani are so different!
Some examples of the irregularities are as follows:
1) Mick Beddoes opens the letter from Secretary General of Parliament Vini Namosimalua addressed to general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu of Sodelpa Party. Upon investigations by Jale and his team, he (Beddoes) admits taking the decision to open that letter without authorization from Tabaiwalu. The Jale Team term that as very serious in their report, especially the "arrogant way Mick stated in his interview with them that he saw no problem with what he did"
2) And the Boladuadua Team, with its lawyer, stated they saw it as no offence. But section 358 of the Crimes Decree 2009 states, “A person commits a summary offence if he or she utters any document which has been issued by lawful authority to another person”...This is at least going by the law and leaving other explanations aside!
3) The Jale Team were given the salary levels by the Opposition Office. Note when they were paid by Government from SG's Office after elections, they had a different salary. After April this year when they received their new grant from Government, they increased it.
Who gave the authorization, especially when their jobs were only temporary and no JD's had been approved by the Party or given to government as per requirement, is another matter!
And yet they are claiming they were correct!
Before and After Grant Given (April 2015):
1. Mick Beddoes, Principal Admi Officer $39,461.00- $45,380.15
2. Laufitu Malani, Personal Assistant; Zero-$ 30,000.00
3. Laisani Qaqanilawa, Senior Secretary; $23,458.00-$26,976.00
4. Jolame Uludole, Chief Researcher Legal; $19,069.00-$21,929.35
5. Peter Waqavonovono, Research Officer; $12,659.00-$14,557.85
6. Luisa Koroi, Reception/Accounts; $12,659.00-$14,557.85
7. Josaia Tokoni, Systems Capacity Development; $10,622.00-$12,261.30
8. Isoa Kamarusi, Driver; $11,120.00-$12,778.00
9. Cegu Babana, Media Officer; Zero-$10,000.00
10. Ben Daveta, Youth Attache; Zero- $7,644.00
11. Benji Cola, Youth Attache; Zero-$7,644.00
12. Jese Sikivou, Media Officer (Leader) Zero-$18,000.00