Fijileaks: We wonder why Mohammed Saneem, who didn't have the requisite qualifications when he was appointed Supervisor of Elections, rush to Aiyaz Khaiyum and Frank Bainimarama and complained about the behaviour of the former Solicitor-General Sharvada Sharma, that
the former SG has gone ahead with the Niko Nawaikula case without consulting him. What was Saneem up to, busy writing that online Masters thesis in electoral studies for some Italian university? Why didn't he halt the case? Why did he complain against Sharvada Sharma after the judgment went against him? Who gave Saneem the legal advice against the removal of Nawaikula from Parliament? We wonder if the whole judgment by Chief Justice Kamal Kumar against Saneem was an Italian Job, to provide perfect excuse for the dismissal of Sharvada Sharma? Another Sharma, Devanesh, acting on Saneem's behalf, now claims before the Fiji High Court:
*Devanesh Sharma, Mohammed Saneem's lawyer, told the High Court that the Supervisor of Elections was not consulted prior to submissions being filed by Sharvada Sharma on his behalf in Nawaikula v Supervisor of Elections  FJHC 232; HBM58.2021 (17 August 2021)
* He claimed that Saneem was also concerned that the submissions did not properly address factual foundations and neither did the legal arguments raised by the former Solicitor General assist the court in understanding the decisions of the Supervisor of Elections.
* He says since Sharvada Sharma did not properly understand the evidence and factual basis of the decision the court was not properly appraised of the technical details of the Voter List.
* Devanesh Sharma says despite several opportunities, the former Solicitor General did not call the Supervisor of Elections to seek clarification during the hearing and therefore put the Supervisor of Elections in a precarious position before the court.
* He says this is infact a very serious matter because this is a client raising all these issues about why Sharvada Sharma did not go back to him.
* Sharma says it is a serious matter because now the Supervisor of Elections has got a detrimental judgement waiting and claims of abuse of office.
* Sharma also argued that the Judicial Services Commission followed the proper procedure and no injustice has been done.
* Devanesh Sharma further says the Judicial Services Commission gave time to Sharvada Sharma to respond but he chose not to.
* He also says that Sharvada Sharma had the letter of complaint for 49 days. Sharma adds that the judicial review is not the path in this case.
Source: Fijivillage News, 18 February 2022
Dismissed Solicitor General Sharvada Sharma’s lawyer, Jon Apted gave details about the suspension and sacking of Sharma in court today while making his submission for their application to seek leave for judicial review. Sharma filed legal action in relation to the termination of his employment on the 12th of November last year by former President Jioji Konrote.